4/25/11

1)Glad to remember what is important about Easter and hear how the kids feel about Christ.  They always have a fun perspective.  Every one's testimony is personal, and each relationship with Jesus is unique...but I can not imagine life without knowing that He know who I am, what I can be and where I am going.

2)That being said, it is also great to have a little bit of fun on Easter day with a few treats.  We always wait until after church, because we would like the kids to remember that Easter isn't really about a bunny.  This year I was sick...in bed for days kind of sick...which sucked, but it also gave me a chance for laughter.  Pure joyful type, not sarcastic over the way that Shon and I do things differently.  Shon and I had shopped for baskets before I got sick and on Sunday Shon-O brought the basket stuff to our room so I could help.  Here is how it went,

K-Did you find everything?
S-Yep all taken care of. :-)
K-Did you find baskets for them?
S-Don't need them, I have something else (pulls 3 Big Lots bags and a Wal-Mart bag out of his pocket and proceeds to start dumping stuff into them.)
K-(laughing) uhm, what about the eggs?
S-Don't need them, I'll just put the candy in the bags...
Kids-Yay!

Lesson learned?  I have my way of doing things and Shon has his way of doing things...and they are both okay.  Everybody was happy.

3)Even though we don't do much, Shon and I still enjoy getting each other a little something on Easter.  I am not a clothes horse, so I don't do the Easter dress thing, but Shon treated me to fresh flowers and my favorite chocolates.  He picked out white chocolate and some little plane parts.  Not much, not expensive, (which is good) but it makes me feel special to know he is thinking of me. 

Happy Easter.  Life is sweet.

No comments: